Tuesday 2 August 2011

Desert Eyes & Egyptian Desires

It seems my previous post with parrots was as tropical as a trip to Butlins in comparison to some of the Rio esque runways recently. I absolutely loved Dolce & Gabbana's adventure this season, where the shorts had melted treasure maps on them, tops had aztec looking calligraphy to be royally admired, and the jackets looked like snapshots of egyptian architecture. Canali also offer something rich and exotic with seductive lace that looks like something regal from another world, and Givenchy gave tropical a retro pop art edge. I've also included my own interpretation below, which is 'treasure from a charity shop.'







20 comments:

  1. I love it! Fantastic! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collections, and your outfit is great.
    It's really a nice style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these prints! Nice style ;D



    www.thebigiofactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit... are perfect clothes ;)

    Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
    http://valterclaudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! and the head band is a great piece on you.. I feel you should be on a scene of Sex and the City 2 when they are in the dessert :)

    xx
    Rosa

    My Stylish Little Secret
    http://mystylishlittlesecret.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great!

    http://urbaneliam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing! :)

    www.thehallowedground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant interpretation without the expense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look totally awesome, charleston! very nice!

    http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are such amazing prints! such an urban look, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these prints, next season is totally going to be all out on print blocking. My favorite is the givenchy collection!

    www.jaimecj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love how the purple + gold colours really pop
    - George

    London Street Style ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nooooooooooooo! i want that jacket!!!!!!!!!!
    I've put one of the D&G trousers on the header of my blog! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  14. me gustan los looks!
    Follow you, xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WTF?! That blazzer of yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Post! Now following! :D

    Have a Good Day!

    David

    VirtuallyStunning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very awsome blog, i like it all so much!

    www.albertbenejam.blogspot.com

    byee! i follow you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your gold jacket is amazing. Awesome treasures :)

    Salvador Eljure
    Neon Delirium

    ReplyDelete