Tuesday 28 July 2009

Battle Of The Designers

In the recent edition of French Vogue, there's page after page of designer's staple looks of the moment, glorified by some of the fiercest models that strut us by. Daria Werbowy personifies wild youth in Burberry, with her hair branched out into the funky slouched clothes. Natasha Poly brings Louis Vuitton to life with a fabulously awkward pose that puts emphasise on the striking heels that we'd all step out of the way in fear and admiration of. I'm a bohemian romantic for Missoni, with ethnic colours and attention to detail that always knits a special place in my heart. Anja shows how Versace is the queen of the high fashion dancefloor, with sparkling electric colours and high degrees of sex appeal. John Galliano is the king of quirky, always rivalling Alexander McQueen's concepts, both in his collections and runway concepts. And finally, I love Nina Ricci's 'Alice In Wonderland' fantasy that comes with her indulgent red dress. To summarise, I always find it near to impossible to decide which designer my fashion heart belongs to...! I guess I'll just have to fall in love with them all.










3 comments:

  1. Loveeee this post, love all the editorials and your words are a lovely accompaniment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing review of this editorial! I loved it too, but I could've never explained the beauty of it in such eloquent words as you did! :)

    ReplyDelete