Monday 15 March 2010

The Queen & Prince Of Darkness

So Fashion Week has laid to rest its' suitcase for this season, with designers of all styles and staples having showcased in the most vibrant cities in the World. It was the Parisian streets that were treated to the gothic fantasy masterclasses of my two favourite designers, however. Ann Demeulemeester and Gareth Pugh magically play with dark designs, and while I might not be the gothic type, I'm always blown away by their visually intoxicating designs.

Ann's dark beauty was ever prominent in Paris. Sharp jackets looked like birds of prey dipped in blood red, with feathers spiking out like weapons and chains draped around the sinister body. Gareth meanwhile presented a stunning juxtapositon of strong and precise chevron lines with a vulnerability and subtle glamour. Softly flared trousers melted into the runway like warped waves, and heavy vein like chains gave the outfits an architecture design. It was a perfect marriage of dark fantasy with underlying ambience.

I'm already looking forward to what September Fashion Weeks have to offer now!












4 comments:

  1. So much love for this... I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me want to start investing in my A/W10 wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for September fashion weeks either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the feathered top, it almost looks like a painting with the color strokes, love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete