Wednesday 27 January 2010

His Soul Was Filled With Crystal Light

I think my fashion footprint is leaving tracks in reverse. During the Winter I enjoyed the playful spark of vintage jumpers that were filled with colour and design. But in the lead up to Spring, I've developed a real taste for black layers and texture. Hardly the brightest start to the year, but I love the indulgent and mystical design that ripples of loose black material can give. Below I'm wearing a draped grecian top from Ann Demeulemeester, a funnel neck by Asos, coupled with distressed boots from River Island and a vintage trench coat! The photos were taken from my talented and closest friend Constance (www.constance-victoria.blogspot.com) Hope you all like the looks!





10 comments:

  1. the construction of the top and the draping of that knit... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit.
    very mysterious.

    Theory of a fashion victim
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou both of you! I guess I like the 'mystery' and adrogony that comes from black layering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully constructed silhouette - draped fabric on a man is so magically unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first top has an amazing construction, and I love the silouete of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I are definitely on the same page with these thoughts. All black, layered, draping shirts... hell yeah. Looks great, man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Graham. The sun might slowly be coming out, but I'm certainly enjoying casting a draped shadow. I feel that there's always something different and unique that can be done with the use of layers, so it always keeps my fashion tastes alive.

    Hope your well, and of course it go's without saying that I'm still thoroughly enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both of the necks to your shirts, very diffrent indeed! especially the top one, I wish I had a shirt like that! haha maybe I'll make one >:D

    love the post.

    and thankyou for all of your kind words on mine. they are all so sweet and endearing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lavender ribbons of rain sang
    Ridding my heart of mortal fight i luv that song and those last two photos. trousers are looking great.

    ReplyDelete